Drowning Lessons
I’m taking drowning lessons
In a pool of my own tears
My coach is a perfect dream of you
My only friend is a wounded heart
With broken arms I keep on drowning
Tired legs won’t let me reach the surface
Fake smile escort me to the illusion of splendor
Heartache cheers me to fall deeper
As I drown deeper the wound starts bleeding
[Blood] seals my eyes from the truth
Locks me in the hole of misunderstanding
I’m dying
I see the images of you [in the darkness]
Playing in my mind on slow motion
Using me like a cheap easy-to-use toy
Laughing at me out loud, tearing me apart
Help me get over you
I feel so dumb to see this bitter end of beautiful illusion
As I try to run from fake Eden that swallows me
The reality squeezes me to death
I’m scared of becoming you
Tired of being the slave of confusion
Caught by lies and seductions
Shattered by empty hopes
I open my eyes and wash away the painful darkness
Rip the delusion to pieces
Repair the broken with new direction
I’m alive
Force my hands to move
And my legs start kicking
Tonight you’re everything to me no more
I’m swimming, I’m winning this game
No comments:
Post a Comment